Launched in 2019 at the World Chamber Congress, the Chambers Climate Coalition looks to mobilize local business leaders towards ambitious, widespread climate action. Run by the International Chamber of Commerce, this alliance sets forth five primary commitments:
- To advocate for climate action within business networks, with the goal of limiting global temperatures to below 1.5°C warming.
- To support the goal of net zero emissions globally by 2050.
- To incorporate climate mitigation and resilience efforts into chamber services.
- To partner with public and private institutions to comprehensively address the climate crisis.
- To reduce the carbon footprint of chambers as quickly as possible.
So far, more than 2,100 chambers and affiliate organisations have signed on.